Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Steve's Shrimp Spaghetti

This is a dish that my father in law Steve has been making for us for about as long as I have been a part of this family. Peter and I both really enjoy it. Here is the recipe exactly how he sent it to me in an email from March 2004.

Ingrediants

1.5 lbs. shrimp
2 minced garlic cloves
1/3 cup brandy
3 cups tomato sacue
1/2 tsp. dried chile flakes
1/3 cup heavy cream

Clean Shrimp
Fry in 2 tbls. olive oil to which garlic cloves are added- watch you don't burn the garlic
Add dried red chile peppers
When shrimp states to get reddish, add brandy, and allow alcohol to burn up



Remove shrimp from pan; keep stuff in bottom of pan
Add tomato sauce to pan; add cream



Cook for seven or eight minutes
Add shrimps back to sauce
Add spaghetti- if shrimp sauce needs to be diluted, can use spaghetti cooking liquid



A bit of a rough recipe I know, but it really is very easy and tasty. I usually make an entire box of spagetti as this makes a lot of sauce

No comments: