Saturday, February 16, 2008

A Couple of Nights Before Valentine's

Valentine's Day was a crazy one for me as I had a long day trip I had to take for work. So a couple of nights before I cooked for Peter and went out for pizza and a movie on Valentine's day to make things easy. I also did some baking for co-workers.

Made Moo Shu Pork (didn't mis-spell this one, this is how it is spelled in the mag.) from the Jan./Feb. 2008 Everyday Food Magazine. These recipes can usally be found on http://www.marthastewart.com/, however I am not finding it, so if anyone doesn't have this issue and would like the recipe, please let me know.

Here are the beginnings of the Moo Shu Pork, really very easy to make, it is basically a glorified stir-fry.


We both really like this one, I even put the mushrooms in and Peter picks around them. :-)

Then I moved on to making Gluten-Free Chocolate Chip Cookies and Blondies for my co-workers.

I cheated a bit for Sherri's gift and bought a boxed Gluten-Free cookie mix. I am always concerned that I will use something with gluten by mistake when cooking for her so I thought this would be the fool proof way to go. I did doctor up the mix with some extra chocolate chips because the mix didn't seem to have very many.

Here the one I used, I bought it at Harry's Farmers Market.


They came out great I thought, found it interesting that they did not spread out. I shared one with Peter and we both thought they tasted good, a different texture than a normal chocolate chip cookie. Sherri also gave them rave reviews and gobbled them up quickly threatening anyone who came to close, so I think that I will call this one a success.

The blondies are the same from my Taco Sunday post a few weeks ago. Here they are all packaged and ready to go. Not much feed back from the co-workers on these, so I am going to assume they were OK since no one was out sick! :-)

No comments: