Monday, February 25, 2008

My never ending quest for exciting breakfast food

I have decided that I LOVE breakfast food, really I do.....and why is this surprising? Basically because I have struggled with the first meal of the day my whole life. For much of my almost 29 years I did not eat breakfast at all. But, for about the past year, I have been trying very hard to eat breakfast and not just drink a half pot of coffee.

The challenges for me are many. I am really not hungry for at least an hour or two after waking up, I don't like cereal, and I do not have a lot of time in the morning to prepare breakfast. I also go back and forth with eggs, well at least I used too until I discovered that I really just don't like scrambled eggs (unless they are covered with a generous amount of cheese), but I really do enjoy eggs over medium with toast, or an egg white omelet.


With all of that being said I am constantly looking for new breakfast recipes that I can make ahead and will still keep me interested in eating the meal. Yesterday I found one of my best yet on epicurious.com. It is Breakfast Risotto, http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/240748. I have never made risotto before and I can't wait to do it again, what fun! I took some of the suggestions in the comments section and added the liquid slowly as you do with traditional risotto. Also, this morning I topped it with an over medium egg......DELICIOUS! So good actually that I thought about it all day and had it again for dinner!


Before the liquid is added.


Half way through adding the liquid.


Finished product.

No comments: