Sunday, May 4, 2008

Lemon Spaghetti

Tonight, I had planned to make enchilada's (new recipe I am really wanting to try, and will soon) in the spirit of Cinco De Mayo, however since we had Mexican food last night with Lindsey & Riley I decided to go with something a little lighter.

Lemon Spaghetti is a recipe I saw about a year ago on Everyday Italian with Giada De Laurentiis. The sauce is made cold in a bowl and the heat from the pasta cooking liquid cooks it slightly.
I cheated a bit and bought a rotisserie chicken to add to the spaghetti, it was a long weekend and I was feeling tired so I didn't feel like taking the time to roast my own chicken as I normally would. We have also enjoyed this dish with shrimp, or on its own with a salad.



1 pound spaghetti

2/3 cup olive oil

2/3 cup grated Parmesan

1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (about 3 lemons)

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

1 tablespoon lemon zest

1/3 cup chopped Italian Parsley

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite, stirring occasionally, about 8 minutes.


Meanwhile, whisk the oil, Parmesan, and lemon juice in a large bowl to blend.


Drain the pasta, reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Toss the pasta with the lemon sauce, and the reserved cooking liquid, adding 1/4 cup at a time as needed to moisten. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with lemon zest and parsley.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmm...lemon with spaghetti; never paired those two. Sounds interesting and looks wonderful, thank you!