Sunday, May 18, 2008

Opa!

Several out of town friends were in this weekend for a wedding and the Gilbertson Family hosted a fantastic dinner on Friday night so we could all catch up. All of the food had a Greek theme, which is one of my favorite types of fare so I was very happy.....and full!

For starters we had a Greek salsa made of cucumbers, tomatoes, red onions and parsley which was very fresh and clean. Also, some of the best Feta cheese I have ever tasted, hummus and olives which were all to be eaten with Pita bread which Jeremy had lightly fried. This was all so delicious that I had to force myself to stop eating so that I could enjoy dinner!






For the main course we had grilled lamb chops that I believe just had a bit of olive oil, garlic and rosemary. I am not usually a lamb fan, however this is the second time I have had lamb chops at the Gilbertson's and both times they were delicious! Also, grilled veggies and terrific Greek style potatoes!



The meal and the company were fantastic! Such a great evening.

Oh yeah......I made blueberry pie for dessert (this blueberry pie has become an obsession) and again could not get the dough for the crust to come together right and had to use a store bought crust. I have been researching this issue and I really think it is due to the humidity in the air, I will however not be defeated, once the weather changes I will try again!

No comments: