Monday, January 19, 2009

Sunday Brunch with the Ladies

Yesterday some of my girlfriends and I had brunch at Traci's house. It was a great way to start the morning. We all brought something to share and I made a Steusel Topped Blueberry Lemon Coffee Cake from ATK Family Cookbook (pg. 489).


An interesting tip given for this recipe. Have you ever noticed that when you add frozen berries to a cake they dye the entire cake their color. The recipe suggests that you run the frozen berries under cold water until the water runs clear to prevent this. Nice tip, worked like a charm.


The cake was delicious (as was everything else). Very moist and quick to put together. I am a sucker for steusel toppings and this did not disappoint.


Traci and Presley set a beautiful table complete with a full menu!







Waffle House Lattes made by Barrister Traci.








Vanilla Banana Shots & Fresh Squeezed Citrus Juice





Poppyseed Fruity Salad




Sausage Pinwheels



PMS Potato Casserole (the crowd favorite made by my sister in law Lindsey)




Drunken Ham Casserole



We all had such a great morning. It was fun to catch up with everyone and to see our friend Amber, it had been far too long!

2 comments:

Deb said...

Did you move your blog? Why do I think that...love the brunch, btw!
Your parents are coming for Super Bowl Sunday! I am so excited.

Anonymous said...

Just catching up on your blog.... Great pics from the brunch! I hadn't seen them!

T