Monday, August 25, 2008

Foster's Pimento Cheese Spread

I had this delicious treat over Christmas when Traci brought it for lunch one afternoon when the girls got together to bake. I loved it and have been looking for an occasion to make it again. Saturday was just the day, I co-hosted a baby shower for our good friends Becky & Nate. She is as big of a cheese fan as I am so this was perfect......I wish there had been leftovers!


From The Foster's Market Cookbook pg. 102

1 cup (4 oz.) grated sharp Cheddar cheese *

1 1/2 cup (4 oz.) grated Parmesan cheese

1 cup (4 oz.) grated smoked Gouda cheese**

1 roasted red & 1 green bell pepper, peeled, cored, seeded & chopped***

1 cup good quality mayonnaise

1 jalapeno, seeded & minced

1 tbls. cider vinegar

1 tbls. honey

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper

Mix together the Cheddar, Parmesan, Gouda, and roasted peppers in a large bowl.

In a separate bowl, combine the mayonnaise, jalapeno, vinegar, honey, salt & pepper and stir to blend well.

Stir the mayonnaise mixture into the cheese mixture and mix well. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to use or up to one week.

Notes

* If you have a food processor use it to shred the cheese, the time saving is unbelievable.

** I used regular Gouda, not smoked

*** I used an oven roasting method for the peppers. Rub peppers with Olive Oil, place on a baking sheet, and roast in a preheated 450 degree oven, turing until the skin is charred. Remove the peppers and cool, then remove the charred skin, stem, core & seeds.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is one of my favorite recipes~I had used it for years but lost it. SOOOOOO happy I found your recipe. It's going to be what I have for dinner tonight!