Monday, August 25, 2008

Cheesecake Redemption

I will not be defeated!!!


I had to give cheesecake a try again, but I decided not to use the same recipe. Instead I used the recipe for New York Cheesecake from my trusty Baking Illustrated Cookbook. I really like this book because it gives several suggestions based on mistakes that the bakers made while trying different methods for each recipe. They do this to find what they feel gives the best final product.





I followed the directions to a T, I took my time and prayed that this go round would be better than the last. I am happy to report that my hard work payed off, the cake turned out beautifully.









I brought it to my father in laws house on Sunday to celebrate his birthday and it was a big hit! I can not wait to make it again and will try some different variations that were suggested as well.

No comments: