Thursday, August 21, 2008

Blueberry Crumb Cake

My mother in law lives just north of us on several acres and grows all sorts of fresh foods. This year she had copious amounts of blueberries which she picked at the peek of the season and froze. When she came for a visit last weekend she brought me a large bag and I was excited to use them right away.

As you will see from previous blogs this spring/early summer I tried my hand at blueberry pie a time or two. The first time the pie turned out beautifully, the second time....not so good. I think it is do to the hot & humid Atlanta weather in the summer so I decided to hold off on pies until the fall and winter months.


This go round I tried a blueberry crumb cake from Great Food Fast. This is a very easy recipe, the only thing that I was disappointed in was the crumb topping. It didn't come out with the thick crumbs that I was expecting, this may be due to the large amount of topping the recipe made. The next time I will cut that portion of the recipe in half but keep the amount of butter the same to see if that makes a difference in texture.




The cake was delicious. Not too sweet and very moist, it was excellent in the morning with a cup of coffee. This is a keeper, I will make it again for sure!

No comments: