Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Changing the look and trying to figure out photos....oh yeah, and I cooked last night

So, I decided that although I love polka dots as much as the next, that my template for this blog was far too busy...funny how that worked out seeing as I find that in life as well, things get far too busy. So I played around with it and am much happier with this new look.

Also, I spent a good deal of time yesterday trying to figure out how to upload photos to the blog. With the help of my husband & guest blogger (see previous post, not written by Mrs. Kallos nor is this a photo of me) I figured it out but am still needing to master placement of the photos. This to be tacked over the weekend I think.

I am having a grand time with this blog though and intend, OK hope, to keep it up. I look forward to looking back on these posts in 2009 and remembering with fondness the adventures of 2008.

Cooking last night......... I made Black Bean Tortilla Pie (also added shredded chicken) from the Everyday Food Cookbook, can also be found at http://www.marthastewart.com/, http://www.marthastewart.com/favorite-tortilla-and-black-bean-pie?autonomy_kw=black%20bean%20tortilla%20pie&rsc=header_1. Turned out very well, though I was afraid the tortillas would be soggy by lunch today. I must say I was pleasantly surprised that it was still very good. I think I will make it again for sure.

I am always trying to think of new healthy, quick, and appetizing breakfast foods which I have found challenging, and I grow tired of just plan eggs all the time. So last night I also made a Potato Onion Frittata, again in Everyday Food Cookbook and marthastewart.com, http://www.marthastewart.com/recipe/favorite-potato-and-onion-frittata?autonomy_kw=potato%20and%20onion%20fritta&rsc=header_26 and was happy for another good result but again, I thought that reheating would be an issue, however it turned out well and I will be enjoying it for breakfast probably for the rest of the week.

All around Yummyness I have to say!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The post entitled "Photo Fun" was definitely authored by Emily Kallos. Anyone knowing her writing style and penchant for saying Lucy is a sexy wiener dog would know this.