Tuesday, July 1, 2008

A Meal for New Parents

My co-worker Adam and his wife Kate welcomed their first child to the world on June 21. Little Addisen Brian is just beautiful, but is keeping his parents very busy. So, I thought they would appreciate meals that they could make in a jiffy.

Who doesn't love Macaroni and Cheese! I made this one from Tyler Florence (one of my favorite Food Network hosts) http://www.foodnetwork.com/food/recipes/recipe/0,,FOOD_9936_29021,00.html and found it very interesting that you infuse the milk with onion, clove, garlic, dry mustard, and thyme before adding it to the rue. The milk smelled delicious!



Then the cheese was added, cheddar and Parmesan. The mixture was thick and creamy.





After baking in the oven I am sure it will be heaven! I will have to make this dish again ASAP so that we can try it too.





No comments: