Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Boiled Eggs

They should be easy, right? Not so. I find that I either over cook them or the shells are difficult to peel and I end up with a mutilated egg! At last I think I have found the solution thanks to my Martha Stewart Cooking School cook book, and by catching about 5 minutes of Paula's Home Cooking on the Food Network.

Here is my new method.

Place eggs in cold water with 2 teaspoons of salt (the salt is what I learned from Paula).
Cover and bring to a boil (the rest is what I learned from Martha).
Keep covered, turn off heat and let rest for 13 minutes.
Run under cold water to stop cooking.
Peel and eat.

Perfect every time.....or at least the 3 times I have tried this method!

3 comments:

Deb said...

I am not an egg person, but there are times that I need to boil eggs. I'll try this next time.

Jennifer said...

Okay, I need to try this. Ask me about it next week to see how it came out. Thanks

Brandi Barnes Parten said...

do you leave the eggs on the eye when you cut off the heat?