Friday, November 7, 2008

Old-Fashioned White Bread

Peter and I (OK.....it was probably for me) received the Williams- Sonoma Cookbook as a 5th anniversary gift and yesterday I made my first recipe out of the book.

I have been wanting to try my hand at bread for awhile now. Peter's dad and his Uncle Peter make some great breads and I would very much like to join their club!


I think this is a great starter recipe for bread. It was very direct and allowed a little room for error. Everything went very well, although I am afraid that I may have burned up the motor in my Kitchaid, and I am proud to say that the dough rose without a problem twice!!!


Very yummy straight from the oven, we will see how it holds up today. I am a little nervous that it may be dry.......we shall see!


No comments: