Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Amish Friendship Bread

My friend Traci brought me literally a sliver of Amish Cinnamon Bread that a friend of her had made. She said it was all she could part with but I had to try it. Holy cow was it delicious! I have heard of Amish friendship breads before, but had never eaten or made any myself. So, after eating this very small and very delicious sliver that Traci was able to part with I decided to do some research to make some myself.

The bread begins with a starter made of yeast, flour, sugar and milk. The starter is a 10 day process in which you sometimes add more of the ingredients and you sometimes just stir the mixture. I am currently on day 3 of this 10 day process and I can not wait for it to be done so I can start making breads! Apparently there will be plenty of starter and it is meant to be shared, hence the name friendship bread.

I will keep you posted on the progress.

No comments: