Sunday, September 28, 2008

Pasta E Fagioli

I arrived home around 7:00 PM last evening from my trip to London feeling so happy to have had the experience and homesick all at the same time. London was absolutely fantastic and more beautiful than I imagined. It was also a very busy 10 days at the convention I was attending.

I am fighting a bit of jet lag and feeling a little blue....I think because I am completely exhausted so I thought that a nice comforting soup would be the best bet for dinner tonight.

Pasta E Fagioli from my latest special edition magazine from Cooks Illustrated. The recipe sounded like it would be light enough for the still warmish temperature and comforting at the same time and I was right.




It is filled with tomatoes, beans, onions (I added the chicken because Peter prefers a heartier soup) and a surprising ingredient....anchovy paste! It really did add a great richness to the soup without a fishy taste. Topped with freshly grated Parmesan cheese and crisp prosciutto it really hit the spot!

This one is a keeper and has me in the mood to make more soups. I love Autumn, I can not wait for the air to get crisp and cool, it really inspires me to spend more time in the kitchen.

No comments: