Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Anxious for Fall and New Cooking Magazines

I have been uber busy recently. Nothing I can complain about, but it has kept me out of the kitchen quite a bit. This weekend (and hopefully next) I plan to change that. I am missing cooking and baking a lot.

Fall is upon us (OK, so it is still hot outside, but a girl can pretend) and I could not be more excited, Fall is my favorite season. The weather is great, the clothes are cozy and best of all it starts the season for all sorts of fantastic foods.

I have two new cooking magazines that I can not wait to make some recipes out of. One is Cooks Illustrated American Classics. I am excited to try the following recipes from this issue.

Crisp Fried Chicken: Who doesn't love fried chicken! I have never attempted it though so it will be a new experience.

Philly Cheesesteak: One of my favorite sandwiches and I think that Peter may like it too.

Coconut Cream Pie: This is one I think I may try this weekend. I really like cream based pies and this recipe looks excellent and the crust is made with animal crackers....very interesting.

The second magazine is a special edition from Cuisine at Home. This is one of those $10 splurges but I love the regular magazine and this issue is filled with Soups, Stews and Chilies which are some of my favorite foods. There are countless recipes in this issue that I would like to try and I am sure I will though out the Fall and Winter seasons. This weekend however, I think I am going to try Kung Pao Shrimp Soup. I already have some shrimp that needs to be used and the recipe seems light enough for the warm weather that is still lingering.

One thing I am worried about with the Kung Pao Shrimp Soup is Sriracha.....what the heck is that!?!?! Looks like it will be Google to the rescue for me on that one, hopefully I will be able to find it in a local grocery store......

No comments: