Sunday, June 1, 2008

The Joy of a New Cookbook!

I just picked up The Food You Crave, but Ellie Krieger who also has a great show on Food Network called Healthy Appetite.

This book is fantastic and I have been on a bender all weekend making recipes. What I like, other than each recipe having it's nutritional value printed with it, is that the ingredients are not outrageous and most I purchase all the time.

Yesterday I started with baked goods (didn't I say I was taking a break from baking....) which both turned out beautifully!

Pumpkin Pie Muffins, which are made with mostly whole wheat flour and just a bit of all purpose came out moist, dense and delicious.

Mocha Chocolate Cake, made with plain non-fat yogurt rather than oil was also fantastic. Again, very moist.


For breakfast I tried the New York Breakfast which is a slice of Pumpernickel bread, whipped cream cheese, smoked salmon, tomato, cucumber, and red onion. My belly and my taste buds were extremely satisfied....I think I may have it again this morning!

I have plans for a couple other recipes today which I will write about later. So far so good, I am loving this book!



No comments: